About this Policy
Third party websites
What information do we collect and why?
When you interact with us, by using our Website or communicating with us we may collect some data from you. The following bullet points describe that information.
- You may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise).
This information may include your name, address or location, phone number, email address, date of birth or age, gender, purchase information, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details), amongst other information.
- Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we may receive information about you from your other accounts or other websites, including data brokers, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks, analytics partners, payment and delivery service providers, amongst others.
- By logging in to our mobile applications via Facebook or Twitter or linking your account on our Website to your Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website and will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising. We may append information about you that is publicly available. This information may be associated with your personal information such as name, email address, physical address, or phone number.
- Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Website, certain information will be automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
- Cookies: we’ve set out more details about cookies below, but these small text files can help improve your experience with the Website and make it easier to interact with us. This may include storing your location, language preferences, Website information, amongst others. This prevents you from re-entering information between sessions, or ensures that items you wish to order don’t disappear as you navigate between pages on our Website;
- Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using and the settings on that device. The information your device may provide is your device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your network provider, the pages you have visited on our Website, your time zone and country location, the type of device and operating system you are using, how you reached our Website, amongst others.
Information we collect in the show room: the Calvelex is always looking for new opportunities to improve your shopping experience and this extends to your experiences in our show room. We may correlate information you choose to provide in our show room with our IT systems information, in order to give you an improved shopping experience, and customer service.
What do we use your information for?
To make our Website work, including permissions to order and receive products from our Website, administer your account and to optimize your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways. The key purposes for which we use your information are as follows:
- to provide you with the products you have ordered: to order products, you need to register an account on our Website (which you may edit at any time). Your information (including name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information (such as debit or credit card details)) will be used so you can submit, and we can process and fulfil that order. We may also use your information to communicate with you about your orders and account so we can provide you with an improved customer support and properly maintain our Website and services. This may require us to provide your information to third parties including our delivery partners, as further set out below;
- to administer, maintain, and optimize our Website, our services and your experience: we want you to have the best experience possible when you interact with us, when you use our Website, our services or when you visit our show room. To do this, we use your information (including log data, statistical information, and device information) to ensure that the Website and its features are functioning correctly, to adapt and customize our Website to better suit your preferences, and to provide pages specific to your language or location. We may also work with selected third parties to enrich, match or combine some of your information to provide you with customized offers and personalized services:
- to provide you with customer services: if you contact our customer services team or provide us with feedback for any reason, whether by email, phone, chat, or otherwise, we will use your information (including your name, phone number, and email address) to help us categorize the communication, respond to you, and where appropriate, investigate, and resolve any issue or incident that you may have. We may also use your phone number or email address to let you know the status of, or if there are any problems with, your order;
- For advertising and marketing purposes:
- Where you have told us, you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase from our Services, unless you tell us otherwise, Calvelex will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails we send you;
- to advertise and promote our Website, products, services and brand: where you give consent, we may use images of you on our Website, social media sites (e.g. Instagram) to promote our products, services and brand;
- to carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, and views: where you have opted in to receive communications from us, we may use your personal details (including your name, address, email address, and phone number) to send you polls and surveys to find out your views of our Website and services. We may also carry out analysis of, and research into, the ways that you use our Website so we can optimize the Website and your experience. We may use third parties to carry out any research, analysis, and surveys, or to deliver incentives in return for your participation in polls, as further set out below;
These privacy policies and their enforcement are not the responsibility of Calvelex.
With who do we share your information?
To provide the Website and our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- third party service providers for business purposes: to function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. These include courier companies to deliver products, anti-fraud and credit check providers to keep us and you secure, analytics companies to enable our marketing, research companies to help us carry out surveys, IT/technology providers to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure and others. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products; we do not allow these third parties to disclose or use your information for any other purposes. We have high expectations and requirements in their handling of your personal information, as you do in ours, so that your information is always handled in your best interest and privacy.
- advertisers for marketing purposes: we may provide your information to our advertising and social media partners (including Facebook, Twitter and Mailchimp) where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about our products and services to you and others;
- third party service providers to enrich data: We may also enrich, match or combine information we hold about you with data from other sources, for instance by sharing some of your personal data with selected business partners. We do this to better understand your customer profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services;
to comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands;
- aggregated information with third parties: we may aggregate your information with the information of other customers, creating a dataset of information about the usage of our Website, purchase of products, and other general, grouped information about our customers. Although this dataset is aggregated and anonymized, meaning it cannot identify you as an individual, it provides a valuable insight into the use of our Website and we may therefore share it with selected third parties. These parties may include providers of plugins or similar technologies to help measure traffic and our investors. Please note that we do not share your information with any third-party advertisers or networks for the provision of third party advertising on our Website.
Transfers of your personal data
Privacy setting options in most modern browsers allow you to block some of these cookies but remember that it may affect the performance of our services.
There are different types of cookies. The following paragraphs clarify the purpose of our cookies.
Most of our cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
We use session cookies for example, to maintain your session open between pages/tabs. This occurs when you log in with your account. In conjunction with other type of cookies these are used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant.
Persistent cookies are stored until its expiration date ends. Some options, functions or preferences can be stored in these types of cookies. When you use filter functions to see specific products or categories for example, this information can be stored in persistent cookies, so that when you return to the website some of those preferences are still active.
Our services contain both first and third-party cookies to collect statistics and user data in aggregate and individual form in analysis tools to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. As an example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site.
Our third-party cookies also include marketing cookies or advertising cookies. They are used to track visitors across websites and/or marketing channels. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
Social media cookies can allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Security and access to your personal data
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We use SSL certificate, powered by Shopify, on all pages, content, credit card, and transaction information are protected by the same level of security used by banks. It is also level-1 PCI compliant.
We use email contacts that contain our domain name, so they are easily recognized.
Some data may be forwarded to third-parties only to provide you with services such as present you with relevant material or to be used in analytic tools in order to collect statistics or optimize our website. Your personal data will only be connected with your cookies if you are logged in with your website account, for the purposes explained above.
Contacting us and accessing personal information?
- Use the online contact form
- Phone us on +351 255 880 320 (available Monday to Friday 9.00 to 18.30 UMT time zone)
- Email us on: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Calvelex S. A., Estrada Nacional 106, nº 1132 – Lustosa, 4620-256 Lousada, Portugal.
Updates to this Policy